Street Motorcycles and Parts Discussion, Questions and answers that pertain to street motorcycles and parts can be found in this forum.

Installation Of Shadow Headlite Visor

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 07:42 AM
Reg Member

Cool Installation Of Shadow Headlite Visor

Heyy Gang,

Got a buddy who has a shadow 1100, and wants to install headlite visor, but needs some technical tips on how to install the visor correctly--------any tips, techniques here, would be helpful,

Many thanks,

Knightgale
Old 01-26-2003, 11:44 AM

Most headlight visors just require the dissassembly of the headlight. The ones I have put on require you to take the outside sheel off and put the visor over top of the lens. Then replace the outer shell.

What kind (name brand) of visor is it? Really isn't too hard, just takes a little more time than you would thing a visor would take.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:53 AM
Reg Member

Default visor installation

THIS BELOW IS HIS NOTES TO ME---------Was trying to help him with some installation tips--but not a guru here, lol --As you can see he did not say what brand of visor he purchased.

Knightgale

(quote from my buddy)
Ok this may sound dumb to some but I need help. I have a 94 Shadow 1100 and they say the 2 standard headlight sizes are 7 inch and 9 inch. I bought the 7 inch headlight visor and it seems to be an inch too wide. Do you bend it around the headlight or is my light a 6 inch? How do you measure the correct size???

Thanks for your reply
Old 01-27-2003, 05:07 AM

The measurement of the headlight is going to be the radius of the light, nothing fancy there.

If the visor is 'too wide' it is possible that the piece should be bent around the headlight fitting and put into place. That's not uncommon. Without seeing how much wider it is, or seeing the headlight...it's kinda hard to gauge.

If it were me...I'd make sure I had the right part for the bike, and if I did bend that sucker to fit.